Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
We are looking for a detail-oriented and hardworking individual with exceptional technical knowledge and customer service skills to join our growing IT Team! In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to team members facing hardware, or software issues. You will also help to manage the on-boarding setup and deployment for new hires and be a point of contact for employees having technical issues - making this a critical and high visibility role.
If you are someone who is flexible, team-focused, excited by the world of IT, skilled at handling and prioritising tasks, and able to maintain a positive and professional attitude, even under stressful situations, you could be an excellent fit for this role!
What you’ll do
- Onboarding & offboarding for Confluent employees & contractors
- Documenting Knowledge Base articles for employee self-service
- Managing laptop setups, deployments and upgrades for new and current employees
- Installing new hardware and software upgrade requests from users
- Monitoring and responding quickly and effectively to end-user requests or incidents while meeting SLAs
- Analyzing and solving technical problems by using problem-solving skills via telephone, email, and remote assistance - softwareProviding technical support for audio/visual during meetings and events
- Diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware, software, and network issuesAsset Management & purchasing for hardware, software, and SaaS applications
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of technical support experience in a corporate environment
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and Mac OS operating systems and broad knowledge of productivity tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical ability across a wide range of hardware, software, and mobile platforms
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with, and managing the following SaaS applications: Jamf, Intune, Google Workspace, O365, Slack, Okta, Zoom or similar.