Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Here at Confluent, we’re building a streaming platform that’s changing the way people access and use data in real-time. What we’re making is already at the heart of thousands of companies and has led to a whole new generation of incredibly smart software that’s integrated into many aspects of our lives including banking, entertainment, transportation, health care, and more.
We’re seeking a versatile, hands-on product designer who loves problem solving, has a great eye for design, and is excited to lead strategic efforts.
- Use design to make our data streaming technology easy to understand and use.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful solutions for our customers.
- Contribute to our product strategy with a keen understanding of customer goals, business goals, and our platform capabilities.
- Design experiences and workflows that are incredibly simple, elegant, and delightful.
- Give and solicit feedback from stakeholders. Continuously raise our bar for quality and polish.
- Partner with functional groups and collaborate with designers to bring new product experiences to market, track our success, and iterate.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers in order to deliver customer valueAbility to innovate like crazy and design your way through the toughest problems.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop features. Have a strong understanding and appreciation for technical details.
- Excellent craftsmanship, extreme attention to detail when it comes to construction of UI, systematic solutions, and workflows.
- Comfortable iterating rapidly at low fidelity.
- Thrives off giving and receiving excellent feedback.
- Skilled at producing realistic prototypes to communicate your ideas around interaction design is a plus.
- Web development experience is a plus.
- A portfolio or link to examples showing your process, eye for aesthetics, and depth of design work.
- 5+ years working as a Product Designer