Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role
Confluent is looking for a Benefits Specialist to join our global Total Rewards team to focus on building out our benefits programs in APAC. Reporting to the Director of Global Benefits, you will be the day-to-day lead for all benefits throughout the region, including (where applicable) medical, dental, optical, life, disability, retirement savings and time away benefits, as well as Workers’ Compensation. You’ll own vendor management and execution of benefits and be a key contributor in strategy discussions as we look to build new and expanded benefits programs in 8+ countries. This is an opportunity to build your strategy, partnering and leadership skills. We are a small but collaborative team offering an amazing amount of growth potential for the right candidate.
What you will do
- Act as the primary day-to-day lead for all APAC benefits programs, working as the subject matter expert, focused on optimizing the employee experience and spend
- Manage vendor relationships, measure performance and look for opportunities to improve vendor effectivenessImplement and apply Time Away (vacation and leave) benefits across APAC
- Administer annual benefit renewals, vendor changes and new program implementations, working closely with procurement, HRIS, people operations and payroll teams
- Draft and update employee and candidate facing benefits communications
- Address escalated employee benefits questions in partnership with the people operations team, brokers and insurers
- Proactively identify gaps in processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to the development and execution of Confluent’s global wellbeing strategy
- Support billing and budgeting needs in partnership with the Finance team
- Help identify and meet benefits compliance requirements throughout the region
What We’re Looking For
- at least 3 years of experience in administering a range of APAC benefits programs
- Experience with benefits in several APAC countries, including 3 or more of Singapore, India, -Australia, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand
- A growth mindset, enabling you to learn new benefits and new markets quickly, supported by the Director of Global Benefits and in-country broker partners
- Project and vendor management experience, including communications and change management
- Ability to handle sensitive matters, maintaining privacy and confidentiality
- Drive to continuously improve and look for opportunities to simplify processes to achieve operational efficiency and optimize the employee experienceAttention to detail together with a focus on cross-regional parity as we look to build out programs that are both locally competitive and globally consistent
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, managing competing priorities to execute on multiple benefits in multiple countries
- Ability to work effectively as a key member of a larger team, building relationships with internal (people business partners, people operations, HRIS, payroll, etc.) and external (brokers, insurers etc.) stakeholders