< Back to search for jobs
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are seeking a self-motivated Senior Strategic Finance Manager to join our corporate FP&A team. In this high-profile role, you will be critical in the successful execution of the Company’s long-range financial plan and provide data-driven insights in support of strategic initiatives across the company including M&A. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who is intellectually curious, results driven, and a crisp communicator with strong business and financial acumen. This role reports to the Senior Director, Strategic Finance.
What You Will Do:
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations to leadership on company financial performance, including metrics, to help meet long term growth plans
- Support M&A deal process from business case modeling, deal negotiation, to due diligence
- Support the long range planning financial model
- Responsible for forecasting and creating analyses regarding customer and ARR related metrics and providing thought leadership on the implications of these metrics on a consumption based business model
- Develop and maintain financial models and analyses to support critical strategic, financial, and operational decisions
- Help leadership gain key insights, with the purpose of driving growth and efficiency while delivering a high return on investment
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools and processes
What You Will Bring:
- 7+ years experience in FP&A, corporate finance, strategic finance, investment banking or consulting
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and attention to detail
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical capabilities including M&A transactions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective at managing multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) with the ability to understand and communicate difficult concepts and provide recommendations
- Extraordinary work ethic
- Proactive desire to improve and scale processes
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including ASC-606
What Gives You an Edge:
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and Anaplan
- Investment banking experience
- Experience with consumption business models
- Finance experience in a high growth software company
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Best Teammates on Planet Earth
Adjustable Working Arrangements
Rest and Recharge Days
Weekly Lunch Spend
Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
Confluent is Remote-First
At Confluent, we care about how you work - not where. We encourage you to apply for positions outside of the listed location or your immediate region.
Share this post