< Back to search for jobs
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a leader for the cloud infrastructure compute (Kubernetes) & storage team. This team will be responsible for building several aspects of the core infrastructure that powers Confluent Cloud, our resilient, massively scalable, and elastic streaming data service based on Apache Kafka, delivered across cloud platforms.
A few relevant posts about Confluent Cloud:
Who We Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 2 - 5 years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated in the team, coach/mentor them and handle performance management
- Experience with running large stateful data systems in the cloud by building orchestration systems, monitoring, and logging pipelines and other operational tools with a focus towards complete automation
- Experience with incident management and postmortem processes
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently. Should be able to move fast, build in increments, and iterate. They should have a sense of urgency and an aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills
- Experience running production services in public clouds
- Smart, humble, and empathizes with peers and team members
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Best Teammates on Planet Earth
Adjustable Working Arrangements
Rest and Recharge Days
Weekly Lunch Spend
Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
Confluent is Remote-First
At Confluent, we care about how you work - not where. We encourage you to apply for positions outside of the listed location or your immediate region.
Share this post