< Back to search for jobs
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Internal Audit & SOX Manager as well as for IA projects (as needed) to join our Internal Audit team. In this role, you will be a key player in the Company's development of the SOX program. You will help manage and prioritize an evolving workload with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to problem solve, collaborate, and move fast while keeping attention to detail. This role will be the key point of contact between our consultants and senior management. This position currently will report to the Senior Manager -SOX. The ideal candidate is a CPA or CA with at least 7+ years of progressively responsible experience with public accounting/public company experience. You should have experience managing a wide scope of responsibilities against competing priorities and deadlines.
What You Will Do
- Lead SOX planning, scoping, and risk assessment through close collaboration with business process owners and external auditors
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and central point of contact for in-scope SOX business processes and provide clear and consistent guidance to process owners to mitigate risks
- Assist in the evaluation of new processes, policies, and systems to determine its impact on the SOX control environment and assist process owners in designing the control landscape based on identified risks
- Assist in planning and execution of all phases of SOX compliance including risk assessment and planning discussions, documentation of process walkthroughs, identifying controls and key reports, testing, and reporting results.
- Prepare findings documentation and track remediation progress; collaborate with process owners to ensure corrective action plans are in place to remediate any gaps identified with internal controls
- Assist in preparing reports for management, Audit Committee, and external auditors
- Project manage the execution of all phases of the SOX 404 Compliance program, ensuring timely delivery and quality work
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders (process owners, external auditors, outsourced providers) to build strong relationships and support the coordination of SOX activities
- Assist with any ad hoc operational reviews and or process assessments
What You Will Bring
- CPA/CA or Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- The ideal candidate must be a proven leader, an exemplary project manager, proactive, confident in interacting with management and external stakeholders at all levels, bring business experience, and have experience in assessing financial and operational risks, preferably in the technology industry and Big4 experience
- Extensive SOX experience with Order to Cash and SaaS industry experience
- Extensive PMO experience to help liaison with internal and external stakeholders managing business relationships and partnering with key stakeholders especially senior and executive management
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Strong command of written, verbal, presentation and research skills
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Best Teammates on Planet Earth
Adjustable Working Arrangements
Rest and Recharge Days
Weekly Lunch Spend
Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
Confluent is Remote-First
At Confluent, we care about how you work - not where. We encourage you to apply for positions outside of the listed location or your immediate region.
Share this post