Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
You will primarily be responsible for Lead generation and running Outbound marketing campaigns for the Japan region.
This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a clear career growth path within Confluent for the right candidate that is willing to learn, work hard, and succeed. We have an office in Tokyo, and we prefer candidates who will commute to the office.
What you will do:
- Drive a range of outbound campaigns in partnership with our Sales and Marketing teams to fuel engagement with identified target accounts and drive pipeline.
- Outbound into Strategic target accounts to assist our sales team in finding and developing qualified opportunities.
- Identify and qualify inbound sales opportunities for the Japan sales team.
- Technically enable Confluent Cloud users in strategic accounts to expand usage and accelerate their path to becoming committed Confluent Cloud customers.
- Prospect into Strategic accounts to secure meetings and identify and qualify sales opportunities.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders.
- Provide potential prospects with information about Confluent and our product value.
- Conduct conversations with decision-makers from key target organisations.
- Meet and exceed quarterly quota to ensure both Pipeline and Cloud objectives, with the support of managers and team mates who are committed to your success.
- Join a structured Solution Engineering and Sales training program with clear milestones, and an established career progression plan for strong performers.
What you will bring:
- Self-driven, action-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for SALES and desire to excel
- At least 5 years of Sales experience, either in a Sales Development, Account Executive, Business Development, Solution Engineering or other related capacity
- Experience developing effective programs that support the Sales team's efforts.
- Hard worker and willing to achieve a high volume of daily activities while maintaining a positive and energetic attitude
- Experience interacting with customers and prospects, doing discovery calls and identifying sales opportunities
- An appetite to sell to technology decision makers
- Demonstrative understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Demonstrative understanding of distributed systems, databases, and Big Data products is a plus
- Proficiency with Cloud Technologies, ideally at least one of the major public clouds such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus
- Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience including Enterprise Architects and Executives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science would be a big plus or relevant work experience
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.