This job posting is no longer active.
Finance & Accounting
Job ID: R00156
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
Confluent is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Revenue Accounting Manager to join our
Revenue Operations Shared Services team. In this role, you will be involved in daily revenue
operations and automation improvements. You will also participate in the global revenue
process, including assisting with contract review and month-end close procedures.
The ideal candidate is Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (or
with equivalent practical experience) with at least 5-6 years of progressively responsible
experience at either a Big 4 public accounting firm or a high-tech organization with a minimum
of 1 year in a revenue manager role. You should have experience from a global, growing
software company that has on-premise software revenue and SaaS.
Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be detail
oriented, have the ability to operate effectively and independently in a rapidly growing and
dynamic environment to help drive the Company’s continued growth, and a willingness to roll-
up their sleeves when needed.
This position will report to the Senior Manager of Shared Services and have frequent
collaboration with the Revenue Operations and Technical Revenue team members located in
the United States.
● Assist in performing the worldwide monthly financial close related to revenue and
commissions (cost of obtaining contracts with customers) and preparing analytics and
● Process adjustments and edits to ensure accurate revenue recognition in the Netsuite
ARM revenue management system
● Check license delivery status and ensure proper timing of revenue recognition
● Collaborate with the Professional Services and Training teams to collect project status
and process revenue recognition during month-end close
● Review the work performed by other members of the Revenue Operations Shared
Services team in the future.
● Manage, train and grow future members of the Revenue Operations Shared Services
● Prepare revenue-related footnote disclosures
● Participate in revenue and billing systems automation, improvement and optimization
● Provide support & maintenance to the Company’s revenue management system
● Work closely with the external audit team regarding any quarterly review and annual
● Actively engage in process improvements, including developing and maintaining
Sarbanes Oxley controls over revenue reporting
What We’re Looking For:
● BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience
● 5-6 years of progressively responsible experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or
a combination of Big 4 and industry revenue experience, preferably with exposure to a
● Working knowledge of US GAAP with a focus on revenue recognition (ASC 606) and
commission recognition/cost of obtaining contracts with customers (ASC 340-40)
● Enterprise software and SaaS industry experience
● Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate
effectively with all levels of personnel
● Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large
sets of data
● Detail-oriented, analytical, organized and self-motivated
● CA certification and NetSuite user experience are a plus
● Confidence in a highly visible role
● Most importantly: a sense of humor, a curious mind, an eagerness to learn, and a
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.