Finance & Accounting
Job ID: R00149
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Tax analyst - Sales & Use is primarily responsible for preparing monthly U.S. and Canada
sales tax reconciliations and reviewing state sales and use tax returns prepared by our third-
party tax preparer. In additional this role is responsible for annual property tax filings and
monthly tax reporting projects using excel. We are looking for a talented individual who wants
to be an important part of our dynamic team.
- Prepare monthly U.S. and Canada sales tax reconciliation reports.
- Prepare and/or review U.S. states and Canada sales and use tax returns.
- Provide responses to inquiries from U.S. states and Canada tax authorities.
- Prepare various excel based analysis monthly to support the tax team.
- Prepare annual U.S. property tax workpapers for annual filing.
- BA/BS degree, master’s in taxation preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of overall tax experience (including 3 years of sales and use tax
experience) including experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm or corporate
- Possess and maintain a basic knowledge of U.S. and Canada sales tax laws and issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and complete projects in a growing and fast paced
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- High proficiency in Excel and tax software
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to details
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.