Job ID: R00384
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Can you see yourself as a technical trusted advisor, guiding a number of different customers on their journey to becoming real time data driven businesses?
Do your interests range from solving wildly complex distributed systems architectural problems to enabling non-techy teams to create innovative business solutions?
Is keeping ahead of developments in technology something you do? If so, do you feel this should be an integral part of the role you do day to day?
Would you like to have a voice in the product development of the leading data in motion product?
If you are thinking yes, yes, yes, and yes then joining Confluent as a Customer Success Technical Architect should be firmly on your radar.
Confluent is looking for a Customer Success Technical Architect who will serve as the technical champion for our enterprise customers. In this role, you will function as the primary guide for all technical and product questions on a day-to-day basis and will coordinate with the various Confluent teams to ensure that Confluent team resources are leveraged efficiently to make your customers successful.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build broad experience with Kafka, the entire Confluent solution stack and work with a variety of organisations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. Throughout all of these interactions, you will build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary technical standards, and have a lot of fun helping our customers build state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognised as leaders in this space.
What You Will Do:
● Guide the customers’ technical development and architectural decision making through solution design reviews, technical deep dives, and proactive health checking.
● Champion and advocate for the customer within Confluent - you will be the voice of the customer and will coordinate between Confluent’s Sales, Product, Services, Support and Training teams to drive customer success
● Develop and present periodical customer reviews to Confluent senior management
● When necessary, roll up your sleeves and dig in to help address customer issues alongside Confluent Support Engineers and Core Engineering
● Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist Support Engineers and Professional Services teams in better serving your customers
What You Will Bring:
● Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision plus the capability to learn new technology quickly, as well as a strong interest in doing so!
● A grounding and enthusiasm for distributed systems
● Experience of developing code and building complex technical solutions
● The more Kafka skills and experience the better but if you demonstrate the ability to learn you will have the chance to learn from some of the leading experts in the world.
● Knowledge of core coding languages, you will not have to build out applications yourself but you will need to sit at the table with development teams and help them build amazing applications.
● Our CSTAs work with Linux, the 3 main cloud providers architectures, noSQL and relational DBs, distributed systems, analytics tools, messaging queues, ESBs, Mainframes, observability platforms etc. etc. You will not need to be an expert across the board but you will need demonstrable experience across some of these technologies.
● Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
● Ability to thrive in ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline oriented startup environment
For this role in Israel we need a fluent Hebrew speaker who is able to obtain security clearance
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.