Job ID: R00565
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
As Kafka and streaming data continue to transform the enterprise data landscape, scalable, enabled resources and teams of experts will continue to be in high demand. As a Senior Leader within Confluent’s Professional Services organization, the Advisory Architect will be responsible for the strategic engagement of our largest enterprise customers throughout their streaming data adoption journey. Join our dynamic, fast-growing Professional Services team and help us accelerate the delivery of streaming data for the enterprise. As the ideal candidate, you will work closely with multiple teams inside the organization and within our Partner organizations to drive consistency, provide best practices, and accelerate the realization of value for our customers through adoption of data in motion capabilities
Confluent is searching for an Advisory Architect to guide our most strategic customers on their adoption journey of the Confluent platform. Many of these large and complex customers use Confluent’s products to support business critical use cases, but have not yet realized the value of a consistent and integrated platform, while others have not started their adoption in a meaningful way. Your goal will be to enable Confluent customers to unlock and accelerate business value realization by providing leadership and Confluent best practices to their adoption journeys.
Key responsibilities of this role:
● Design and lead data innovation, modernization, and migration programs across complex organizations
● Collaborate with services partners to build and execute data-in-motion transformation strategies
● Manage complex enterprise focused, change management programs
● Develop and promote governance models supporting the consistent use of streaming data technologies aligned to organizational strategies
● Understand customer business drivers and strategies, architectures, adoption roadmaps, operating models, KPI, to measure and track value realization
Required skills and experience:
● 15+ years of IT consulting experience in Customer-facing roles
● Experience in the following transformation areas: Business value alignment and use case development, Complex program management, Enterprise Business/ IT Architectures, Executive agenda items and business metrics
● Experience leading large-scale transformation projects
● Experience with Agile Enterprise frameworks (e.g. SAFe ®, ITIL ® Sigma, Agile/SCRUM processes, etc.)
● For this role you must be based in Germany (fully remote so anywhere is fine) and fully business fluent in both written and spoken German.
Preferred skills and experience:
● Extensive customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
● Experience in leading a team or teams of consultants
● Industry subject matter expertise (e.g. Retail, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, etc.)
● Demonstrated leadership in areas of Digital Innovation, Data & Analytics, Cloud Computing, or IT Strategy
● Experience designing, building and operating complex data infrastructures
● Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from stakeholders and customers.
● Experience creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation
● Deep interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills to quickly establish rapport and credibility at all levels within an organization.
● Ability to work well individually and within a cross functional team, geographically dispersed teams.
● Ability to deconstruct complex topics into simple to consume subjects
● Possesses a high level of energy, enthusiasm, engagement and commitment to action
● Experience with major cloud providers such as GCP, AWS and Azure
● Prior experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
● Attained Confluent Certifications
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.