Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action— giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Accounting Manager to join our Shared Service Centre team. In this role, you will be a key player in the Company's month-end close and reporting process, while supporting the day-to-day accounting and compliance requirements for our Confluent India legal entity.
The ideal candidate is a CA or CPA candidate with at least 7+ years of progressively responsible experience with public accounting and public company experience. You should have experience managing a wide scope of responsibilities against competing priorities and deadlines.
Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be detail
oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves when needed.
This position will be based in Bangalore, India.
● Responsible for the SSC accounting close activities including review and approval of journal entries, managing the month-end close calendar, and review of balance sheet account reconciliations.
● Manage the preparation of management reporting, financial statements and supporting
● Manage a team in various areas of the GL including opex related accounts, cash, fixed assets, accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, and equity related items.
● Help lead critical accounting initiatives, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency, and audit readiness.
● Manage the external financial, tax and compliance requirements for the Confluent India legal entity. Review requested materials and schedules and perform as the primary liaison between the audit team and the GL team.
● Assist with the analysis of new and proposed accounting standards in India and determine the impact on the company and implement those new accounting standards, as required.
● Collaborate with stakeholders across various departments to enhance cross-functional
● Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
What We’re Looking For:
● BA/BS degree in accounting or finance.
● 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred).
● Public company and high tech organization experience preferred
● CPA/CA or equivalent.
● Strong understanding of India and US GAAP as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel.
● Enterprise software and SaaS industry experience is a plus.
● Experience with Tier 1 ERP systems (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP) a plus.
● Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.