Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
As a Cloud Account Executive, you’ll play a pivotal role in Confluent’s Customer Growth go-to-market strategy. Responsible for acquiring new Confluent Cloud customers, you're the heart of our new logo sales growth engine. To be successful, you’ll be hardworking, energetic, and motivated by driving new business and solving problems.
About the Team:
The Cloud AE role and Cloud Acquisition Team is a new business sales function focused on landing new Cloud Customers and growing consumption within their accounts. As a crucial part of our sales team, you will have access to hot markets, numerous resources, and a diverse set of supportive leaders.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify, develop, and close net new logos.
- Grow consumption in PAYG and Commit accounts (ARR).
- Close business to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings objectives.
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline necessary to hit your sales targets through proactive outbound prospecting, discovery, and qualification.
- Align to an existing sales territory (RSD and AE Team), work collaboratively with your aligned sales territory (RSD and AEs) to drive territory-wide consumption and commit growth.
- Qualify and progress any meetings, signups, and use cases passed from Inbound SDRs.
- Execute outbound sales strategy to drive net new logo wins and incremental consumption in greenfield accounts.
- Nurture existing PAYGs to drive incremental consumption and/or sign a commit.
- Weekly forecasting on pipeline creation, progression, and quarterly sales targets.
- Participate in sales enablement training, including our comprehensive AE Onboarding Program.
- Work closely with the relevant internal partners to drive success (i.e., Legal, SE, Cloud SDRs, etc).
What You Will Bring:
- 1+ years of Outbound SDR Experience, with a track record of overachievement and KPI attainment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the business value of complex cloud technologies, especially with technical customers
- Skilled in new business prospecting, pipeline generation, discovery, and qualification
- Skilled in managing multiple priorities and projects through proven ability to manage both time and resources effectively
- Driven and competitive, yet collaborative and “better” focused
- Passionate about growing your career and developing an in-depth understanding of Confluent Cloud products, use cases, and customers
What Gives You an Edge:
- Proven curiosity and knowledge of event streaming and other cloud technologies
- Experience with experimenting, building, and problem-solving in a fast-paced business environment
- Additional customer-facing experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.