Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
This role is part of the Talent Management and Engagement team. The Talent Management and Engagement team designs, builds and operates the company-wide products and tools that employees use to manage and succeed in their careers, leaders use to effectively manage and build high performing teams, and executives use to cultivate an engaging and productive culture. This is a fast-paced role where each day will be different from the next and will offer diverse and interesting challenges. You will partner closely with cross-functional teams and People Business Partners on implementation of People initiatives and projects.
- Project Management - Support cross-functional and often time sensitive strategic initiatives and projects for the enhancement of both operational efficiencies and employee experience through the employee lifecycle. Provide administrative and tactical support to the Talent Management and Engagement team as needed.
- Program Design & Evaluation - Design, build, implement, and maintain employee-centric People programs such as onboarding, career development frameworks, training evaluation, and coaching. Strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need to grow and thrive. Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to determine programs’ effectiveness.
- Change Management - Support change management to ensure new programs and processes land well with Confluent employees and the People & Places (HR) team. Own and deliver user-friendly training and job-aid resources on new programs and processes.
- Partnership - Build strong partnership with the People Operations, People Business Partners, IT, Corporate Communications, and Legal teams by facilitating communication, coordination, planning, and execution across partners.
- Communication - Prepare project correspondence and presentations, as needed, for status reports, executive updates, meetings, annual planning, etc. Foster best practice sharing and employee engagement collaboration across the business, DE&I committees, and other partners.
What You Will Do:
Primary Functional areas:
- Performance management
- Talent continuity and succession planning
- Career mobility and frameworks
- Employee sentiment and engagement
- Coaching, feedback and difficult conversations
Secondary Functional areas:
- Program and project management
- Change management and acceleration
- Systems thinking
- Adult learning, performance consulting & Human Performance Technology (HPT)
What You Will Bring:
- Currently enrolled in 3rd year of Bachelor’s degree focusing on Communications, Marketing, Business, Psychology or related field
- High attention to detail
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Experience managing projects and working within teams
- Strong communicator who is able to influence and collaborate across different groups
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment with excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with varying degrees of complexity and priority for a global organization
What Gives You an Edge:
- Experience in quantitative analysis to convey a data-driven story to technical and non-technical audiences around business insights
- Experience with Confluence and Workday
- Process improvement experience
- At the time of your start date, you will be required to be located in the location on your offer letter.
- This internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace as you will be required to work from your Atlanta-based home location at least 3-4 times per week.
- A $3,500 USD lump sum payment at the start of your internship for a housing stipend
- Access to FlexDesk, a space aggregator that allows Confluent employees to book desks, day offices, and meeting spaces at a variety of space providers.
- Should you receive a return offer at the close of the internship, you will sit in Atlanta, Georgia
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. This position has a fixed rate of $24/hour and includes a housing stipend.
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.