Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Federal Partner Development Manager (PDM) to manage a portfolio of Federal System Integrators (SIs), Value Added Resellers (VAR), and Federal Partners to develop successful Confluent practices that leverage their regional, industry, and technology integration capabilities. This person will also build field relationships with the partner to drive mutual success.
Apache Kafka™ and Confluent are powering the transformation to real-time business across various industries, which has a profound impact on traditional business. This market shift offers a significant opportunity for Partners to build practices and develop solutions based on the Confluent Platform, On-Premise, and in the Cloud.
The position is responsible for the sell-with/go-to-market engagement and joint activities with the partners. This includes planning, co-selling, and driving field marketing activities. The Federal PDM will be part of the team that coordinates Confluent sales activities and be a central conduit for engagement management between Confluent’s sales organization and partners. You will be an expert on all aspects of the Confluent and present at QBRs, executive meetings, training, and trade events.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a Confluent practice with a 4-8 Federal partner portfolio of national and regional system integrators. This includes executive alignment, mutual KPIs, enablement strategy, solution plays and GTM plan, marketing plan to support the sales effort, delivery plan, and skills development.
- Leverage the Federal SIs as the orchestrators and influencers with customers but also triangulate with the other parts of the ecosystem, including Cloud Services Providers and ISVs.
- Work with sales leadership to develop partner strategies and execute in regions
- Work closely with sales teams to drive new opportunities with partners.
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping, and other sales engagements between Confluent’s field sales and the partner sales teams.
- Work with Confluent’s Partner Solutions Architects, Enablement team, and Marketing to enable partners to develop, launch, and support Confluent-based solutions and services.
- Develop relationships with partner sales teams and executives, especially the Data & AI teams, to deliver demonstrable value to partners.
- Drive net new partner-sourced opportunities quarterly
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of related experience in Federal partner sales, business development, and/or partner development
- Proven track record working with Federal SIs and VARs in joint GTM motions to drive consumption
- Experience working with GCP, Azure, or AWS
- Track record of establishing and driving strategic partnership(s) between tech companies and partners
- Proven success in building and delivering joint business plans
- A self-starter mindset with a strong sense of urgency and passion for making great things happen
- Ability to drive cross-functional and global teams to achieve desired outcomes such as new opportunity pipelines, logos, marketing leads, etc.
- Experience with Open Source, Data, and/or Analytics products
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence senior executives
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS degree required. MBA Preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including work history, education, professional experience, and location. This position has an annual estimated salary of $170,000 - $199,700, a competitive equity package and is also eligible for additional commission and/or bonus pay. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Confluent offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about our benefits click HERE.
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.